Make Marketing History

The views of a marketing deviant.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm Not Them.

The Edinburgh Festival is the largest arts festival in the world. In the past fifteen years or so, it has become a mecca for established and aspiring stand-up comedians in their hundreds. So how do you get yourself noticed? The noisy answer (in every sense of that word) is wacky stunts or fevered flyposting. The normal result is playing gigs to dispiritingly tiny audiences.

Tim Vine however has clearly been following my passive branding advice and said I'm Not Them. How has he done this? Via a large billboard bearing his face, it announces "Tim Vine" and then in much smaller type “is not appearing at the Fringe this year”.

2 Comments:

Blogger TheTart said...

Are you going?

Please send me a t-shirt if you are ... *wink*

Smooch,
The Tart

4:24 PM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger john dodds said...

What size would you require? I don't think I'm going i'm just interested.

7:09 AM, August 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home